Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -
pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
Directions:
1. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg and panko crumbs into separate shallow dishes. Coat the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them into the egg, and then press into the panko crumbs until well coated on both sides.
2. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the hot oil, and cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Comment by 1 user on AllRecipes.com:
Winner Dinner! Everyone loved this. I ended up having to change it a bit when I realized I didn't have enough chicken breasts for 6 of us & had to stretch it. Instead of full breasts, I cubed it in 1"-2" pieces and then followed the recipe directions (including pounding them)--however, this change did require using more flour/egg/panko bread crumbs. Basically I ended up making chicken type nuggets (only better!). Placed the nuggets over Jasmine rice & topped with Sweet & Sour sauce: 3/4 c. white sugar, 2T. brown sugar, 1/3 c. white vinegar, 2/3 c. unsweetened pineapple juice (save chunks), 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1T. Ketchup, 2T. cornstarch. Boil until thickened and then I added 1 thinly sliced green pepper & cut up pineapple chunks. Topped with sliced green onion.
(Recipe Courtesy of AllRecipes.com)
Link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Katsu/Detail.aspx
Denise's Notes:
All I have got to say is holy cow. Make the homemade sweet and sour sauce in the above comment as well. Super yummy and well worth the extra effort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment